Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Welcome to your Terra Verde Resort Community!

Terra Verde weather
Terra Verde temperature & time
Home Help Search Event Calendar Login

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Best Day Ever :-) Discovery Cove (Read 1588 times)
Lisa
Global Moderator
Owner

I Love Terra Verde!

Best Day Ever :-) Discovery Cove
Sep 17th, 2014 at 8:40pm

Although we have visited Florida for many years, we had never been to Discovery Cove. Mainly because it seemed so expensive and none of us really were brave enough to swim with the dolphins so it didn't really seem worth the money.

This year we realised that they had changed the rules and you didn't have to have the dolphin experience to visit. There was also a great deal on the Discovery Cove website.
One day visit price and you also had unlimited Seaworld/Aquatica included in the ticket. (You could add Busch Gardens for just $25)
Tickets are different prices depending on what month you visit but for our day it was $179.

As we were going in September when everywhere was a quieter we decided it was a great time to visit

To be honest I didn't think there would be much for me there as I'm not the strongest swimmer and the only snorkeling experience I had was the small section at Typhoon Lagoon (which I hadn't really enjoyed that much  all I can remember is hearing myself breathing very loudly  Smiley

I decided to practice the week before in the pool, which made the visit so much better as I managed to snorkel with the fish and stingrays !

All I can say is that we had the most fantastic day  Smiley

All food and drink is included, a lovely breakfast, a good choice for lunch and soft drinks, beer, wine, ice lollies, crisp etc.
We went snorkeling with the fish and stingrays, which has a section with sharks behind a glass wall.

There is a river (with no fish) that you swim or snorkel around. (there are sections which are quite deep)
A bird aviary, where they give you little pots of food to feed the birds, and they fly onto your arms.
Also an Otter and monkey section to swim around.

There are lots of loungers on the beach at the side of where they have the dolphin experience and where you can see the dolphins swimming inbetween sessions.
There was also big double hammocks for relaxing.

My children bought the extra Busch Gardens ticket and went on the free coach to Tampa, lots of pick up points and was very easy to book online.

Overall, well worth the money and a day to remember  Smiley

Lisa

ps. There are also proper life jackets for those who are unsure of the water.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print